Our Vision – Striving for Excellence – Preparing for Life
PHILOSOPHY OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
We believe Caribou Technology Center to be a learning center whose purpose is to employ available resources to offer an opportunity for all students to be educated according to their individual capacities. The school’s function is to provide an academic and social learning environment that respects all students as individuals, attempts to meet their specific needs and helps to develop their personalities. The school attempts to translate this philosophy into practical application by working with home and community to develop in all students a sense of useful citizenship.
The mission of the Caribou Technology Center is to provide technical and applied academic skills that will assist our students to be productive, responsible, self-directed citizens who are able to adapt to emerging technologies and successfully enter into employment and/or post secondary education.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Providing students with applied learning and occupational work experiences
- Teaching leadership, teamwork, problem-solving and employ-ability skills
- Preparing students to make informed decisions and apply practical life skills
- Promoting professional oral and written communication skills
- Encouraging participation in career and technical student organizations and extra curricular activities